You have gone through extensive lectures of about 9 months or 10 through either our IJMB, NABTEB A’LEVEL, JUPEB or CAMBRIDE. In fact, you have done well by passing your final examinations and what next is taking direct entry forms, this is a decisive point in your direct entry admissions. It is important to note that even though you have passed your advanced level programmes, it would be useless if you are unable to apply for direct entry. It is not only useless not to apple, it is now properly useless if you are scammed during the registration or application process.
Many fall into the traps of scammers during this phase because that didn’t seek for information but information, you shall get on our blog. We have dedicated much of our blog to making students comfortable and making their admission process into 200L and to their dream institution a reality and that, we promise to keep doing.
Before we delve in to the details, you have to understand that not everyone is qualified to apply for direct entry. So, this begs the question, who is qualified to get the direct entry form?
This is simple. Only candidates with the following qualiﬁcations may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
- Applicants must possess minimum of 5 credit passes in relevant subjects in O’level at not more than two sittings.
- Foe A ‘level students, two passes (as may be applicable for each discipline) at the Advanced-Level Examination like IJMB, Cambridge and JUPEB is required.
- For NCE applicants, passes in two major subjects in the NCE with NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects, Education-related Courses only, in addition to the O’level requirement is needed.
- For ND applicants, minimum of lower credit grade in National Diploma or National Innovation Diploma and the O’Level requirements.
How to Apply for JAMB Direct Entry
Registration fee is usually around the range of #3500-#4000(total package). Please, note that registration Fee varies every year. Upon payment, ePIN is given. This pin is not transferrable as it has been attached to your profile and it us not usable by any other applicant. After this, the English text for the specific year would be given to you at the point of purchase. For foreign students, a fee of $20 is paid to obtain the reading text.
The above payment covers materials such as a CD containing JAMB eSyllabus, eBrochure and other vital materials. What next after this?
- This is when applicants send his/her full name to 55019(this could also change in later but at the time of this publication, it is still valid) through text. The name should be in the format below:
[Surname First-Name Middle-Name (if any) ] as in [OJO OLUWAFEMI SAMUEL].
NOTE: This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all.
- After the above stage is completed, applicants then send his/her National Identification Number (NIN) by text to 55019 from his/her phone number in the format below:
“NIN” +space+11 digit NIN Number to 55019 for instance (NIN 00123456789).
- This immediately followed by the receipt of a profile code of 10 characters to the same number
NOTE: The phone number used for the text message is automatically tied to the candidate’s 2021 application, Examination and Admission.
- Applicants then proceed to any JAMB accredited CBT Centre for registration. The ePIN is tendered upon request as this would be used to continue your registration.
- During registration, applicants’ biometric which includes all ten fingers are captured and photograph taken physically (No submission of passport photograph).
- After Successful biometrics has been successfully captured and photograph taken, applicants would be then authorized to print his/her e-registration slip.
NOTE: Only candidates whose biometrics verification is successful would be on allowed into the examination hall on the scheduled examination day.
Where Can I Purchase JAMB Direct Entry ePIN
Below are some of the JAMB ePIN outlets are:
- APPROVED BANKS: FCMB, FIDELITY, FIRSTBANK, JAIZ, Polaris, Stanbic IBTC, STERLING, UNION, Trust MFB, Zazzau MFB, UNITY among others.
- Mobile Money Operators: Paga and the rest
- Online Payment Platforms: Approved online payment platforms like Remita, Quickteller and so on
- Cooperative Society: JAMB Multi-Purpose Cooperative Society
- PAYMENTS USING USSD (NIBSS)
How to use this method
- Dial *565*6*55019#
- Enter Proﬁle Code
- Select bank and follow the prompts to complete payment
- ePIN is then delivered to the candidate’s unique telephone number
HOW TO RECOVER LOST ePIN AFTER PAYMENT
In case of Lost ePIN, send [UTMEPIN] to 55019 for UTME applicants while for Direct entry applicants, send [DEPIN] to 55019 from the unique registered phone number.
After initiating this process, the ePIN would then be retrieved and delivered on the candidate’s unique phone number
NOTE: Make sure to collect the Profile Code from your phone. Also, make sure you do not copy or dictate vend ePIN rather, collect payment and vend ePIN by SMS to your phon. ePIN is to be delivered electronically to candidates and not to be handwritten.